Important instructions to devotees arriving in Shirdi
1. For proper guidance and assistance to the devotees, Reception
centers have been opened opposite the S.T. Bus stand.
2. On arrival to Shirdi, devotees should immediately get in touch
with the above mention Reception centers of the Sansthan and should
thereafter proceed to the Enquiry Office for booking their
accommodation which is made available after registration of name and
3. Occupied room(s) should be locked before going out.
4. If the accommodation provided is in the common hall, luggage
should always be left in charge of a member of the party to
it from anti-social elements.
5. A locker is available at nominal charge and against a deposit,
which may be booked at the enquiry office, and used for keeping
luggage or any other valuables.
6. Care should be taken not to leave any belongings behind in the
toilets and the bathrooms.
7. As the Samadhi Mandir is over-crowded at the time of Arati,
devotees should safeguard their ornaments and purses from pick-
pockets and mind their children.
8. Devotees should note that all religious functions and Poojas in
the Sansthan premises are to be arranged and performed through the
office of the Sansthan. Necessary payments for these are to be made
at the office against a receipt. Boxes have been provided by the
Sansthan in the Mandir itself to receive the devotees' offerings by
way of Dakshina and Hundis.
9. Offering to Shri Sai Baba in cash or kind should always be made
the office against a receipt.
10. Devotees should bear in mind that Baba left no heirs or
and should guard themselves against such deception practiced by
11. As all the necessary assistance and guidance is readily
to the devotees at the Reception center of the Sansthan, assistance
from unauthorized guides at the S.T. stand, if taken by the
will be at their own risk.
12. Devotees are warned against practitioners of black magic
professing allegiance to Shri Sai Baba, and also against those
circulating chain-letters, asking the receiver to send a certain
number of copies of the letter to his friends.
13. Literature about Shri Sai Baba containing authentic information
has been published by the Sansthan and is readily available at book
shops near the Samadhi Mandir.
14. A complaint/suggestio n book is always kept in the office for the
use by the devotees, in which they are requested to write clearly
their complaints/suggesti ons along with their full name(s) and
addresses. The Sansthan authorities take due note of such
15. Donations should always be sent by Money Orders, Postal Orders,
Crossed and A/c. Payee Cheques or Drafts to ensure safe delivery of
the same. Do not send cash or currency notes in postal envelopes.
16. As the various dealers and vendors of Pooja articles are not
connected with the Sansthan, devotees should first fix the price
before buying these articles to avoid any trouble thereafter.
17. All donations for oil for the Nanda-deep and for firewood for
Dhuni in the Dwarkamai are to be given in the Accounts office only.
Further details regarding these can be obtained from the Temple-in-
18. Devotees desirous of feeding the poor can arrange to do so
against cash payment to be made to the Prasadalaya itself or the
account office. Coupons are not accepted for this purpose.
19. Devotees desirous of distributing alms to beggars can do so only
in the beggars' shed, near Prasadalaya with the help of the Security
20. Devotees making correspondence should give their complete and
21. Devotees are requested to avail of the facilities at the Tea
canteen and Prasadalaya run by the Sansthan where tea and meals are
served at subsidized rates.
22. Medical facilities are available at the well-equipped Sainath
Hospital run by the Shirdi Sansthan.
23. The Sansthan has not appointed any representative for the
of collecting donations in cash or otherwise. Devotees are informed
that no donations either in cash or otherwise should be given to
anybody personally. This is to avoid deceit as well as to prevent
devotees from being cheated by unscrupulous elements.